Welcome to Mrs. Draper's 2nd Grade Class!
Here are a few facts about me:
- I'm so excited to be an Olinda Eagle! This is my 5th year teaching 2nd grade at Olinda.
- Previously, I taught 7th grade math/science, 8th grade math, and 3rd grade.
- By far, 2nd grade is my favorite grade to teach! I love helping my 2nd graders grow into confident, life-long learners!
- I graduated from San Diego State University (go Aztecs!) with my Bachelor's degree and from California State University, Fullerton (go Titans!), with my multiple subject teaching credential and Master's degree in Curriculum & Instruction.
- I grew up in Brea, and I attended Country Hills, Brea Junior High, and Brea Olinda High.
- In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my husband; my newborn baby girl, Kylie; my puppy, Toby; my family and friends; traveling; going to the beach; and reading!
These items are needed throughout the year and any donation is greatly appreciated!
- Boxtops for Education
- Dixon Ticonderoga Pencils
- Craft bags or cello bags
- Sequins, glitter, or craft supplies
- Pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
- Small treasure box prizes
- Individually wrapped candy
- Tootsie Rolls
- Jolly Ranchers
- Individually wrapped treats without peanuts (i.e. fruit snacks)
- Crayola markers
- Crayola crayons
- Crayola colored pencils
- Glue sticks
- Cardstock (white and colored)
8:00-8:35 Daily morning work, journals, flag salute, morning announcements
8:35 Calendar, correct morning work, prep for LA lesson
8:45-9:55 Language Arts: weekly story comprehension
and workbook, class work, phonics, guided reading, grammar,
vocabulary activities and journals, Friday tests
9:55-10:10 Morning Snack/Recess
10:10-11:25 Math: Lesson and activities, math manipulatives, workbooks
11:25 Clean up/Line up for lunch
12:10-12:30 Teacher reads/students read silently/or catch-up
12:30-1:00 Math or Language Arts: journals, phonics, poetry, handwriting, math projects
1:00 or 2:00 Alternate Art Lessons/ Special projects/ Science/ Social Studies
2:00-2:10 Discuss Homework/Sharing/Cleanup
*Note: Wednesdays are Early Release Days! Students go home at 1:25.
Don't be bored...you can do Jiji Math at home!
To login, go to:
Click on JiJi penguin,
Input activation code:
Your child can log in with their symbol code and begin learning and playing. The Jiji Math program is challenging, fun and it supports California Education Standards.
Want to find out if your child's book is in their AR level? Go to www.ARBookFind.com to find out!
Please check the Olinda Homepage for the Monday newsletter and other school information.
You can also access all student books and workbook pages via the Olinda Homepage as well.